1. INFORMATION COLLECTED. We collect two types of information about users: "Personal Information" (such as name, email address, mailing address, phone, payment methods (billing account, credit card or debit card, etc.), personal preferences, software records and related data, and other account-related information) and "Aggregate Information" (such as information about how many users log on to the Site on a daily basis). Personal Information is collected online when users voluntarily submit non-public personal information on the Site by establishing a user account, requesting information, making donations, receiving electronic notices or other similar communications and other similar activities. Aggregate Information is non-personally identifiable/anonymous information about you, such as age, gender, pages most frequently accessed by you or search terms entered by you. Aggregate Information is used in a collective manner, and no single person can be identified by that compiled information (for example, the number of people who logged into the Site in a particular day). Aggregate Information does not personally identify a specific user. We do not collect your Personal Information indiscriminately, as both the amount and type of information collected will to the greatest extent possible be limited to that which is necessary to fulfill the intended purposes for which it is collected. Your Personal Information further will be retained only for fulfillment of the intended purposes for which such Personal Information is collected.
4. USE OF INFORMATION: Your privacy is important to us. We will use the Personal Information provided by you in accordance with good commercial practice and applicable law. We may use information provided by you, for example, to provide a service, to enable your use of RSS feed data stored on our Site servers, to ensure proper billing, to measure consumer interest in our various products and services and to inform you about various products and services offered on the Site (including both our own products and the products of others). Also, if you provide us with your E-mail address, or have done so in the past, we may upon occasion send you e-mail offers. These offers may be based on information provided by you in your initial transaction with us, in surveys, from information that may indicate purchasing preferences and product viewings, as well as information available from external sources such as census bureau data. These e-mail offers will come exclusively from FORMATION BRANDS or its affiliated companies. All offers are carefully developed to ensure that they meet our standards. Our goal is to target offers to Site user who we believe will find them of value. The lists used to send you product and service offers are developed and managed under conditions designed to safeguard the security and privacy of your Personal Information. By providing information using the Site, you warrant to FORMATION BRANDS that your Personal Information is reliable for its intended uses, accurate, complete and correct, and that you will promptly notify use if such Personal Information is no longer current or correct.
5. NO DISTRIBUTION. As a general policy, FORMATION BRANDS does not share, sell or trade Personal information with third parties without permission from the user; however, we may provide your Personal Information to third parties directly involved in the operation, performance, support and/or maintenance of the Site and the sale, distribution, installation, use, maintenance and support of each product or service offered on the Sites, including our web site designers, hosts, service providers, technical consultants and business partners, as well as our authorized distributors. Any Personal Information, however, will be used by such organizations only to perform their functions and/or to provide services in support of the Site or our products and services, or as otherwise approved by you and for no other purpose. We will use contractual or other mean to provide a comparable level of protection while any Personal Information is being processed by these third parties. We reserve the right to assign or transfer your Personal Information to any successor in interest to our business associated with the Site or any of our products and services offered on the Site by merger, reorganization, sale of assets or operation of law. Aggregate information may at times be shared with FORMATION BRANDS business partners and other third parties. We also may divulge Personal Information if such information is required for us to comply with any valid legal process, such as a subpoena, search warrant, statute or court order, or if we reasonably believe that you have committed unlawful acts or acts that may endanger the health or safety of another user or of the general public.
6. OPT-OUT/OPT-IN: FORMATION BRANDS provides customers with an easy means to provide (opt-in) and withdrawal (opt out) consent to our use of Personal Information (such as "check the box" on login screens or unsubscribe notices on e-mail offers). Please note that it may taken 4 to 10 business days to fulfill your "opt-in" or "opt-out" requests. Please note that certain portions of the Site may not be accessible to you or otherwise operate if you so elect to not "opt-in" or to "opt-out".
7. CHILDREN: FORMATION BRANDS does not knowingly solicit data from children or knowingly market to children. FORMATION BRANDS is concerned about the safety of children and their use of the Internet. Therefore, in accordance with the U.S. Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we do not knowingly request or solicit personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such Personal Information without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as is reasonably practical.